Some passions of MainStreet Covenant Church….
We believe it is unacceptable that….
- Mound hasn’t had a new church in over 60 years until this year.
- Westonka teenagers and young families are not currently being engaged or reached effectively.
- God’s people leave Mound in droves on Sunday to attend church elsewhere.
- Many people view church as merely a one-hour Sunday morning experience.
- Many churches are producing consumers of religious goods and services rather than active disciples of Jesus.
- People don’t look first to the church when seeking an authentic, caring community.
- Many people aren’t being challenged by the truth of God’s word or given the opportunity to make life-changing decisions in their faith walk.
- Some churches could close or leave and the community wouldn’t even know it.
For these reasons and more, MainStreet desires to be a church committed to….
- A geographical mission field – We’re committed to reaching and serving Mound.
- Targeting Young Families & Teens – We want to reach people other churches aren’t.
- House Fellowship – Discipleship and faith formation takes place best in small community.
- Outreach & Evangelism – We exist to reach those outside our walls with the gospel.
- Making Disciples – We aim to turn religious consumers into active disciples of Jesus.
- God’s Word – We desire to love God’s Word more than the pastor’s preaching.
- ‘MainStreet Presence’ – We desire to cultivate relationships and influence beyond walls of church into wider community.
- Moments of Decision – People need opportunities to respond to God’s work in their heart; people need to be challenged.